Lead Accountant – Nashville, TN
The Lead Accountant – HCP is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the financial statement of their assigned properties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Audit/Review of Lease Entries, Journal Entries, and Batch Postings by Staff Accountants
- Guide/Review the Staff Accountants in month end duties as well as daily tasks. Including review of month-end Accruals, Common Area Maintenance Reconciliations, Variance Notes, Income Statements, Bank Reconciliations, and General Ledger Reconciliations
- Second-level review of daily Cash Receipts and Accounts Payable invoices
- Review and monitor major Aged Delinquencies and work with Staff Accountants and Property Management to resolve cash application issues
- Mentor, guide, and train assigned Staff Accountants
- Lead monthly operating calls with Asset Management as well as participate in various internal meetings
- Assist and provide daily support to Property Management, Asset Management, and the Client Accounting Team
- Review and post Year End Common Area Maintenance Reconciliations
- Responsible for oversight of leasing assumptions and certain expenses input into budgeting module
- Responsible for overall budget review on a property-level basis
- Assist Controller and Senior Lead Accountant with special projects
- B.S. in Accounting or 4 or more years of related accounting experience
- Understands the Importance of the Tenant-Client-Manager-Vendor Relationships
- Solid Customer Service and Interpersonal skills
- Attentive to Detail
- Trustworthy and preserves confidentiality
- Requires extended hours to meet specific monthly or project related due dates
About Holladay Properties
Holladay Properties is a full-scale land development, design/build and fully-integrated real estate company, as well as one of the largest medical office management firms in the country. Our medical division as a national reputation of excellence in MOB management and development of medical real estate assets for third-party owners and is an IREM Accredited Management Organization.
Employees with more than twelve months of service may request consideration to transfer to other jobs as vacancies become available and will be considered along with other applicants. To be considered, employees must have a satisfactory performance record and have no disciplinary actions during the last 12 months. Management retains the discretion to make exceptions to the policy.
This description is not all inclusive and duties will vary depending on assigned portfolio.
Please send resumes to Erin Van Mol email@example.com