Residential Maintenance Technician – Portage, IN
The Residential Maintenance Technician (RMT)’s primary responsibility is to maintain the physical integrity of the Promenade at Founders Square in Portage, IN. This involves insuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff. The RMT will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Property Manager. The RMT must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws, EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and Freon.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair, as directed, involving electrical, plumbing (including water lines), AC and heating systems, Appliances (when applicable), water irrigation systems, stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, tile, carpet, flooring, roofing, gutters, fasteners, interior/exterior lights, fireplaces, ceiling fans, gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable), shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors, boiler (gas and electric), door locks, P.O. boxes, security systems (where applicable), ceiling leaks, walls, pool areas, tile and pool furniture.
- Constantly be aware of the condition throughout the community and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions such as broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights
- Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment, and inspect and maintain tools and equipment.
- Report all major repairs and need requisitions to Property Manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Meet with service vendors and contractors to get bids, when needed.
- Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter.
- Perform all work related to snow removal and ice management which includes but not limited to shoveling, salting, plowing and all procedures related to weather related control measures.
- Maintain all aspects of a swimming pool: cleaning, chemicals, and knowledge of all safety issues.
- Answer on-call maintenance requests 24 hours per day on a rotational basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years commercial maintenance experience
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to lift 80lbs
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong commitment to high level service and quality standards.
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen.