By Cassandra Sprigg (South Bend Property Management, 2015-2018)
Our South Bend team has been growing rapidly over the past few weeks. In April, we hired two talented women to assist with our Property Management and IT departments: Cara Pagels and Amy Church. They recently sat down and shared with us a bit about themselves, what they do for the company and why they chose to work for Holladay Properties. Learn more about our new hires straight from the sources below.
We are so happy to welcome you to our team! Please tell us a bit about your positions.
- CARA: I am thrilled to join the Holladay Properties team as Property Manager at Burlington Station in Downtown Downers Grove - my hometown! Once Burlington Station’s construction is complete, I will lead day-to-day operations, leasing, and manage maintenance for our 89-unit community. I love Burlington Station’s convenient location, architecture tailor made for Downers Grove, and the variety of lifestyles offered to residents.
- AMY: As the I/T Assistant, I am here to assist Bill (I/T Director) in serving the internal community with their technology needs both directly and indirectly behind the scenes.
Where do you come to Holladay from?
- CARA: Prior to joining Holladay Properties, I worked with a top producing multi-generational family residential real estate team, lived in South Korea teaching elementary school, and founded my own non-profit called Marrow Me Cara. Marrow Me Cara recruits lifesaving marrow donors to the National Bone Marrow Registry. Through our efforts, thousands of marrow donors joined the registry and 16 donors (and counting!) have been matched to patients in need of a lifesaving transplant.
- AMY: For the last year and half I have been homeschooling my three children (15,13,12). Previous to that I spent the greater part of 15 years leading the IT team with a local engineering and architectural firm.
How long have you been doing what you do?
- CARA: Fresh to Property Management, I come from 4 generations of real estate professionals which include my great-great-aunt, grandmother, mother, aunt, and sister. Real estate is in my blood! I am thrilled to make an impact in managing my favorite property in Downers Grove and to create a community that is home to many.
- AMY: I have been providing support and maintaining the technical systems for organizations for 20+ years.
What do you love most about your work?
- CARA: The people and the stories! Meeting people from all walks of life is truly my favorite part of property management. Not many others have the honor of helping people create their desired lifestyle by helping find their nest. Also, the opportunity to witness all phases of the construction process of Burlington Station has been fascinating. I can’t wait for residents to move in after the years of planning and building!
- AMY: Helping people make their jobs/lives easier with technology. I love to see people’s faces light up when I make a change or teach them something that saves them time and reduces frustration.
Do you have any hobbies or passions outside of the office?
- CARA: Volunteering, foreign language, wellness, and learning to cook international foods. Anything cooked with kimchi (spicy Korean cabbage) is a winner in my book. If you haven’t tried kimchi before and can handle a little spice, let’s talk!
- AMY: My hobbies and passions are my husband and my three beautiful children. Every moment with them is precious.
What made you choose Holladay?
- CARA: I choose Holladay for its strong leadership and commitment to bettering local communities. We have a really great group of people here that strongly values community development from involvement with Boys and Girls Club, to building Hannah’s Hope inclusive playground in Portage, Indiana.
- AMY: I was drawn to the team atmosphere I sensed when meeting with various employees and the value of a healthy work/personal life balance.
Anything else you’d like to share?
- CARA: I’m a Hoosier too and was born in Indianapolis. Another fun fact: my great-great-aunt was the first female to get her brokerage license in the state of Indiana.