A Holladay Blog Series
In this edition of our Getting to Know Them series, we reached out to the 2020 interns who are assisting a variety of departments this summer: Brandon Davis (South Bend, IN), Peter Rattray (South Bend, IN) and Donald Tomei (LaGrange, IL). Here's what they had to say.
Q: Where do you come to Holladay from? How long will you be serving as an intern?
- BRANDON: I am a rising fifth-year Architecture student at the University of Notre Dame with a minor in Real Estate. I will be a summer intern for 10 weeks before headed back to school to finish out my last year.
- PETER: I am from South Africa and am currently a Notre Dame MBA student class of 2021. I will be with Holladay until August 7th.
- DONALD: The past two summers, I have interned with Brennan Investment Group, an industrial REIT based in Rosemont, IL. I will be working as an intern with Holladay until I return to the University of Illinois in August.
Q: What is your title?
- BRANDON: Real Estate and Design Intern
- PETER: Finance and Development Intern
- DONALD: Summer Analyst
Q: What are/will be your primary duties at Holladay?
- BRANDON: I’m working primarily on idea conceptualization and design for a new development project. Additionally, I am assisting with preparing schematic drawings in AutoCAD and verifying designs against building code.
- PETER: I have a wide breadth of responsibility. My main focus currently is assisting Ken Herman in getting Holladay Hospitality Group up and running, ready to go live on July 1st. This ranges from marketing initiatives to hiring General Managers and making sure that all the systems are properly in place to ensure a smooth transition for the existing hotels coming under our management. I am also assisting Paul Phair on potential acquisitions and developments locally.
- DONALD: I will be assisting Duffey Phelps with the WoodSpring Suites properties.
Q: Why did you decide to join the Holladay team?
- BRANDON: I wanted to work in development specifically to enhance my knowledge of architecture in the industry. I feel that I’m learning a great deal about how projects actually start in the feasibility stages and how they move through the pipeline until their completion.
- PETER: I decided to join Holladay because of its phenomenal reputation and standing in the community as well as the breadth of experience I will get in the numerous projects I will be exposed to over the summer.
- DONALD: I have always been passionate about real estate, and when the opportunity came, I was thrilled.
Q: What are you most excited/nervous about for your time with Holladay?
- BRANDON: I’m equally excited and nervous to present the designs that I come up with by the end of the summer. It feels like a lot more pressure than presenting to a group of professors at ND.
- PETER: I am most excited to be a part of the Holladay Hospitality Group start up. To be able to see the company through the process of going live is a unique experience and is exposing me to various sides of the business I would not normally be exposed to.
- DONALD: I am most excited to develop experience through real estate outside of industrial. I look forward to working with the development team and seeing the motion of progression on properties.
Welcome to our team, Brandon, Peter and Donald!