By Maureen Johnson, Director of HR (South Bend, IN)
Happy New Year! This is a great week to start off your health and weight loss goals! I am not an expert, but I want to pass on a few tips to help you be successful!
- Have realistic goals! Instead of saying, “I’ll run an hour each day” at the start, say “ I’ll at least get 10 more minutes of some type of movement each day.” And then, add more on.
- Get a workout buddy. You will be able to encourage each other and keep yourselves accountable.
- Keep a journal of what you eat and then add in some nutritional choices. Again, be realistic. Instead of saying, “I’ll give up sugar until March”, try “I’ll at least have one more serving of fruit today”.
- Stay positive! There will be moments when we will fall off the wagon on this wellness journey, but get back on and keep going!
- One of my favorite quotes is from Benjamin Franklin who said “If you fail to plan, you plan on failing.” So, it’s important to get a game plan together now, outlining your meal plans and your workout schedule, again, being realistic. Plan on success!