Holladay Properties, a South Bend-based commercial real estate firm, joined general contractor, Wohlsen Construction and others at the Tru by Hilton hotel project in Baltimore, MD for a “topping off” party. The “topping off” recognized the installation of the last plank for the roof deck.
The $20 million, 8-story, 140-room Tru by Hilton Hotel is located in the heart of the Inner Harbor region of Baltimore, MD. The “topping off” party was held on November 20 and featured a catered lunch from one of the neighboring Italian restaurants, Chiapparelli's, located in Little Italy.
The Tru by Hilton hotel model offers smaller, more affordable rooms with larger, amenity-filled common area spaces. Features of this hotel will include:
- Play Zone” with table games, tiered seating, and televisions
- Extended fitness center
- Lobby and lounge area with front desk and convenience store
- Digital social media wall
- Back of house service areas
- Outdoor seating area along the main Central Avenue corridor
- Green Roof where guests can watch a digital display of the building's utility usage in real time, and other LEED design criteria.
Construction began in February 2019 and the hotel is expected to open in Spring 2020.